Ten questions is all it takes – and if you’re a regular reader, you have the advantage over the people who did the quiz at the launch party, because a lot of the answers are in the archives.
If you were at the launch party and heard the answers, I will trust you not to make a false identity to enter under.
1. Approximately how long has Deborah been working on this book?
a) 1 year
b) 3 years
c) 10 years
d) 15 years
2. Roughly how many words was the first draft when Deborah finally finished it?
a) 60,000 words
b) 100,000 words
c) 160,000 words
d) 260,000 words
4. What was the book’s working title?
a) Crowner’s Quest
d) all of the above
5. How many of the 7 most prominent characters still have the names they started out with?
7. What is the ‘seed’ in seed-cake?
d) trick question; there are no seeds in seed-cake
8. What famous monarch was not permitted to go down stairs unaccompanied as a child?
a) Queen Elizabeth I
b) Queen Elizabeth II
c) William the Conqueror
d) Queen Victoria
10. Something which happens every 50 years is called
And one more question (not part of your score): which ebook format would you prefer if you win?
d) I’m not sure but I read ebooks on a ________
Put your answers in the comments, or, if you prefer not to give away your competitive advantage, put them in the contact form (under Contact in the top menu). One entry per person; answers on Friday.